(9) Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
(10) I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim and the war horse from Jerusalem; and the battle bow shall be cut off, and he shall speak peace to the nations; his rule shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth. John 12:12-16 ESV
(12) The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem.
(13) So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!”
(14) And Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, just as it is written,
(15) “Fear not, daughter of Zion; behold, your king is coming, sitting on a donkey’s colt!”
(16) His disciples did not understand these things at first, but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things had been written about him and had been done to him.