Here Zechariah is giving us a look into the fulfillment of this prophecy of Jesus and His betrayal.
(12) Then I said to them, “If it seems good to you, give me my wages; but if not, keep them.” And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver.
(13) Then the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—the lordly price at which I was priced by them. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD, to the potter. Here is how much they valued the life of Christ.
Exodus 21:32 ESV
(32) If the ox gores a slave, male or female, the owner shall give to their master thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.
Here is the fulfillment of this prophecy in Jesus.
Matthew 27:3-7 ESV
(3) Then when Judas, his betrayer, saw that Jesus was condemned, he changed his mind and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders,
(4) saying, “I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.” They said, “What is that to us? See to it yourself.”
(5) And throwing down the pieces of silver into the temple, he departed, and he went and hanged himself.
(6) But the chief priests, taking the pieces of silver, said, “It is not lawful to put them into the treasury, since it is blood money.”
(7) So they took counsel and bought with them the potter’s field as a burial place for strangers.