choosing, choosing a church, Church, Church review, church reviews, consubstantiation, decide, decide church, first, first impression, first impressions, impression, impressions, infant baptism, local, local church, local Churches, lutheran, lutheran church, Ontario, Oregon, picking, picking a church, review, reviews, synod
We visited Pilgrim Lutheran Church in Ontario, Oregon on 03/30/14
- How approachable/welcoming, is the Pastor before and/or after the service? The Pastor was friendly and spoke to us after the service.
- How friendly is the congregation? The congregation was very friendly. They made sure to talk with us for a moment.
- How many congregants were there? There were approximately 50 to 70, the congregation was mostly older folks.
- How do they take the offering? Offering plates.
- Where are they located? They are at 208 SW 1st Ave. Ontario, Oregon 97914. Their phone number is (541) 889-5458
- How is the service broke down between, prayers, worship, and sermon? It is harder to break this down because the service was mostly liturgical.
- What is the condition of their facilities? The facilities were in good condition for their age. I really appreciated the stained glass windows, the Cross, and the fact that it was evident this is a Christian Church and not a rec. center.
- What is the preaching style of their Pastor? The sermon was expository. It was on John 9:1-41. The Pastor did a pretty good job of opening up the scripture to the congregation.
- Do they use a specific translation of the Bible, or prohibit any translations, if so why? I didn’t notice which one they used.
- Do they have a web page? They do, and here is the link; http://pilgrimlutheran.net/ If so, is there a clear, orthodox, confession or statement of faith? There was, but it is pretty simple, they are a Lutheran Church of the Missouri Synod. If you need help with that just look up Lutheran and Missouri Synod. Some points of interest are that they have a rich faith history. You can look up Martin Luther the Reformer and the 95 Thesis. They are Paedobaptists. They also believe in consubstantiation for the elements of communion. Overall we had a very nice time of worship with them.