choosing, choosing a church, Church, Church review, church reviews, decide, decide church, first, first impression, first impressions, free methodist, Fruitland, Idaho, impression, impressions, local, local church, local Churches, methodist, picking, picking a church, review, reviews
We visited West Valley Free Methodist Church of Fruitland on 03/23/14.
- How approachable/welcoming, is the Pastor before and/or after the service? The Pastor greeted us in the Sanctuary and was friendly.
- How friendly is the congregation? The congregation was friendly. Only a couple of people talked with us or greeted us besides the Pastor.
- How many congregants were there? There were approximately 80 to 110 in the 11 O’clock service.
- How do they take the offering? A bag was passed.
- Where are they located? They are next to Schwan’s in Fruitland at, 100 E 1st St Fruitland, ID 83619. Their phone number is (208) 452-3460
- How is the service broke down between, prayers, worship, and sermon? It seemed to be approximately 5% prayer, 5% announcements, 40% worship, and 50% sermon.
- What is the condition of their facilities? The facilities were above average for the size of their congregation.
- What is the preaching style of their Pastor? The sermon was topical. It was about marital love and how to stay in love as opposed to just falling in love and then out of it. The sermon was pretty good. Pastor Doug tied the gospel in. He explained how love is a decision, and an action. He made a point of calling love a verb. He spoke of Christ’s sacrificial love and how we should consider others above ourselves. His scripture passage was Philippians 2:3-8.
- Do they use a specific translation of the Bible, or prohibit any translations, if so why? They mostly use the NIV.
- Do they have a web page? They do, and here is the link; http://www.westvalleychurchfm.org/ If so, is there a clear, orthodox, confession or statement of faith? They have a beliefs page. It appears orthodox. I was hoping for a more detailed confession of faith. They are Wesleyan/Arminian. Here is the link from their page; http://www.westvalleychurchfm.org/devotional/