choosing, choosing a church, Church, Church review, church reviews, decide, decide church, first, first impression, first impressions, Idaho, impression, impressions, local, local church, local Churches, payette, picking, picking a church, Reformed Church, review, reviews
Sunday, February 23rd we visited, “White Stone Christian Fellowship.” Their address is 427 14th Ave N, Payette, ID 83661. Their phone number is (208) 642-4630. The Pastor is Dennis Dickinson. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
1. How approachable/welcoming, is the Pastor before and/or after the service? Pastor Dennis greeted us as we came in to the sanctuary and he talked to us after the service.
2. How friendly is the congregation? The congregation was small. We were only engaged in conversation by a couple of people during the moments of fellowship.
3. How many congregants were there? Approximately 20-30
4. How do they take the offering? There was an offering box as you walk into the sanctuary.
5. Where are they located? Their address is 427 14th Ave N, Payette, I D.
6. How is the service broke down between, prayers, worship, and sermon? I wasn’t watching the time so these are approximations, it felt like about 15 minutes of good, God centered hymns and some worship songs, about 5-10 minutes of prayer total, and 30-40 minutes of sermon.
7. What is the condition of their facilities? The facilities were average for a small church. The parking lot needs resurfacing. That might be an issue for people with walkers or wheel chairs.
8. What is the preaching style of their Pastor? Expository
9. Do they use a specific translation of the Bible, or prohibit any translations, if so why? They didn’t officially say which one to use, but after talking to the Pastor, he likes the NASB 🙂
10. Do they have a web page? If so, is there a clear, orthodox, confession or statement of faith? Yes, here is the link http://www.wscfpayette.com/ and yes there is, http://www.wscfpayette.com/doctrines-bylaws/
Pastor Dickinson is very knowledgeable. He understands Koine Greek and Biblical Hebrew. Matter of fact they have a Bible School connected to the Church where he teaches. The school is Charnock Institute of the Bible. Here is the link http://www.charnockedu.com/
Intersting note, Charnock is the last name of Stephen Charnock, a puritan theologian.